Thursday, October 25, 2012

Winnie the Pooh....and baby (showers) too!


A few weekends ago, a couple of my co-workers and I put together a baby shower for a sweet little bundle of joy on the way! We realized quite too late that we got a tad bit carried away with things, but when there are sweets and babies involved, how can one seriously put limits on the cuteness you can create?!


Let me also mention that it was Winnie the Pooh themed, and for a baby girl. Let me also go ahead and answer the question that must be lingering in your mind right now- why yes, it was a pink, cutie pie explosion! 


So, of course, you know I went there. 




Yep, that definitely happened.  The best part about making these is that I had help, ha! In all seriousness, it is so much more fun cake popping when there is some one else to squeal in excitement with over what you have created. Although you best be believing I gladly do that out loud to an empty room while cake popping by my lonesome.




This was the first one we made. It was perfect- we could not recreated him in his perfection, but we came darn near close! 


I seem to be on a cassata cake kick lately (making one for an anniversary party next weekend!), and knowing how the momma-to-be feels about cannoli filling, I decided to make a tiered cassata cake for the Khloester.



It is simply just a dense white cake with a chocolate chip cannoli filling in the middle. And it's becoming quite a big hit when taking cake orders lately!

All in all, it was loads of fun! The favors were colored honey pots (we had mums as the centerpieces), 




and then we did a candy bar so everyone had something yummy to take home in the pots! 


I'm pretty positive those smiling Pooh bears were pretty happy to be a part of it all. 


 Khloe built an extensive wardrobe, thanks to family and friends,



 
and she tells me frequently how grateful she is to all who came to celebrate her that day!



 After fleeting thoughts of party planning, our day was over and we had one happy momma-to-beeee! I'll stick to the sweets in the meantime, but if you had an idea for a party you'd like to have, I wouldn't think twice about planning a whole party all over again! Such fun!





Even Pooh bear thinks so!

@--,--



1 comment:

  1. Winnie the Pooh theme and baby shower go really nice together! I also would be starting the preparations of my cousin’s baby shower and have shortlisted this theme. But have to look for the rental event venue in LA so that all of the guests can be accommodated without any issue of available space.

    ReplyDelete