Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A cookie report



Lots of random things going on, and little blogging about it! Mostly cookie related things though.... 



A few weeks ago I whipped up these little peanut butter chocolate ganache sandwich cookies. They tasted exactly like a peanut butter blossom (the peanut butter balls with the Hershey kisses in the middle). Which are a personal favorite of mine. So this worked out in my favor!

This could potentially be a cookie I make again. It would make a nice addition to a lovely Christmas cookie platter. If nothing else, I will definitely be using the peanut butter cookie recipe I found here for this recipe, in the future. A major peanut butter cookie recipe keeper! 

More recently, I decided it was time for some more pumpkin desserts. Whipped up a moist, wonderfully delicious pumpkin cookie recipe that my momma has, and that we usually make every fall. I'm not a big fan of nuts in my desserts, so I usually omit them, but I ALWAYS put raisins in this cookie, which makes them extra yum! I left the raisins out of some of them though, to try and please all of the people, all of the time...I left some plain, some with raisins, some with chocolate chips, and then frosting on the rest.



Personally, they also need cream cheese frosting. 

  

Cute and yummy! This delectable pumpkin tasting left me with an extensive list of which pumpkin dessert to try next, which is becoming quite the dilemma, because there is only so much time in a day. I HAVE decided though that I will be trying a pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving, which I've been wanting to do for a while, but haven't yet! But what else in the meantime? Pumpkin pie squares? Pumpkin cheese danishes? Pumpkin biscotti?  

Then, while in Wegmans today, I completely forgot about pumpkin bread. I nearly went home and made it right that second. 

Yesterday was a spontaneous chocolate chip cookie day. 


I love taking orders and planning days on which I will bake, but as far as I am concerned, the best days are the ones on which you wake up in the morning and have no idea that you will be baking and enjoying cookies by the end of the day.

Sigh. I love cookies.

Tonight ends with multiple brushings of my teeth. There was a sprinkle explosion in my kitchen, which you will learn all about tomorrow!

Sweet dreams!
@--,--

No comments:

Post a Comment