Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Maxine 60th Birthday Cake


Maxine said it right! If you follow me on Facebook, you've already seem my Maxine birthday cake. This was a yellow cake with a pastry cream filling. Buttercream frosting, and marshmallow fondant to make Maxine!


I'm kind of loving making things out of fondant! I'm getting the hang of things and it is becoming less intimidating. How I made Maxine was by printing up a picture of her. Then I traced her on wax paper, cut out all the individual pieces, and traced the fondant around the wax paper pieces. I believe she came out pretty decent for my second fondant endeavor!

Maxine is always being a crabby patty. I don't believe she has any right to complain about birthdays though, seeing as she never ages. C'est la vie! Either way, there will always be cake!!!

Random birthday cream puffs on the agenda for this week! Cake pops at the weeks end as well! Stay tuned, friends!

@--,--

No comments:

Post a Comment