Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pink Ombre Swirl Cake- CLM's style!

Slowly playing catch up! 

Over the course of this year, I'd like to take as many birthday opportunities as I can to practice different kind of cake techniques. I took a quick twist on some Pinterest inspiration to create this pink ombre swirl cake for my grandma's 75th birthday cake!


Seriously, the most time consuming part of frosting was dying the buttercream different shades of pink. Making swirls with a star point wasn't nearly as scary or intimidating as this picture seems!


Looks just as yummy from the top view, no?!

The inside was a white cake, 4 layers, with two layers of pastry cream filling and a single layer of strawberry sauce in the middle. I really need to start trying different cake recipes, as well as buttercream recipes. My go-to is a bit sweet, and it's time to start searching around for the perfect frosting for each ocassion!


Can't wait for the next! More exciting birthday posts to come!!!

Hope you aren't on a sugar load from Valentine's Day! Love!!! It's safe to say I need a quick sweet time out.....  ;-)

@--,--

No comments:

Post a Comment