Monday, March 19, 2012

Baking Bliss....

I pretty much blinked and my spring break from classes was over! It was awesome that I had the opportunity to go away for a work conference in the same week of break, so I wouldn't miss any classes, but now I'm feeling like I need a whole other week off to recoup... 

Before I went away last week, I was able to travel to a magical, wonderful place, filled with all the joys a baker could dream of....in a very uncertain location of William St and Bailey Ave. Also uncertain is the name of this joint....google maps will tell you that your destination is Bake Mark USA, while the sign out front very much says Maple Leaf Foods. No worries- it was wonderful inside! 
 
I realize this is just some bowls and dough scrapers,  but it's really not. And yes, I have mixing bowls and spatulas. But honestly, you can never have enough. And in all different sizes. Now that I'm learning more about the way things need to be done and in what order, it's necessary to have separate bowls for everything. Dry ingredients. Wet ingredients. Measuring out egg yolks. Egg whites. Chocolate chips. Everything. And the scrapers are perfect for folding in certain mixtures with others. 
It's time. It's been put off for way too long. I am now the owner of three different sizes of round cake pans- a 6, 8 and 10 inch pan. And of course, some cake boards to get me started. 
Pretend these pans are the cake. Envision the prettiness I will create with said pans/cakes. I want to get started immediately. Sadly, there is only so much time in a day...
And last, but not least....a cannoli shell roller! I completely forgot all about this crucial tool! I attempted making cannolis a few times last year with my pizzelle maker, and everything went just fine, but it was hard to roll the pizzelles before they cooled and hardened. This should hopefully make life a tad bit easier.

I love falling asleep at night on a day when something totally unexpected happens. When I woke up that morning, I had NO IDEA that I would be the proud owner of a cannoli shell roller! Life is so wonderful that way...

The bad news about all of this?? I think it's safe to say I'm running out of storage room for all my kitchen tools....let's just say I spend a lot of time day dreaming about my future kitchen someday! 

Life is so good.


@--,--

No comments:

Post a Comment